We are pleased to announce that Krebs SR Clairify 3*M 3*D produced an impressive 5.6 lbs. of milk on her late-March 305/1-Day Milk Test. She is a two-year-old 2nd freshener. We are looking forward to seeing what her production will be on her 305-Day Test, which will be completed in October.
Several other does also did well on their 1-Day Milk Tests. We will announce who earned their Stars after we receive the official lab readout and registry results.
Want to thank Emma for her clever name suggestion for DeClaire and Misty's doe kid this year--DeMystify, a combination of the parents' names. She is officially registered as Krebs DC DeMystify (pedigree here). The name was also very applicable in that Misty was so overdue that--in my state of kidding-season sleep deprivation--I began to wonder if she was even pregnant! Got that notion cleared up when DeMystify was born.
DeMystify is a sweet, demure little goat. I have high hopes for her.
Several important announcements to make, but the first is that MT Rivendells HW Meadowlark 1*D and MT Rivendells XF Cookie Crisp 1*M 1*D AR wrapped up kidding for now with 2 doe/1 buck triplets from Meadowlark and a single buck from Cookie. Both the bucks are sold, and Meadowlark's doelings will be evaluated (at this time we expect to retain at least one).
So far we have a doe majority with 28 doe kids born to 26 buck kids born. Very happy about that. Kidding season has gone extremely smoothly as well.
Reservations for kids are still available from our upcoming May/June kidding session. We also plan to breed several does for fall kids. Check out the For Sale page to see goats that are currently available.
The following does are the next up to kid:
- Krebs KJ Illusion 2*M 2*D, bred to Krebs QQ Marcus Quinn *B, Due May 17
- Krebs Farm STJ Clairity 2*M 2*D AR, bred to CH Old Mountain Farm QuentinQuinn *B, Due May 20
- MT Rivendells HW Panda 1*M 1*D, bred to Krebs QQ Max Quinn *B, Due May 23
- Krebs SR Periwinkle 3*M 3*D, bred to CH Old Mountain Farm QuentinQuinn *B, Due May 30
- MT Rivendells AV Nyala, bred to CH Old Mountain Farm QuentinQuinn *B, Due May 30
- MT Rivendells HW Hot Tamale 1*M 1*D, bred to CH Old Mountain Farm QuentinQuinn *B, Due June 1-8
- KW Farms PB Heidi 1*M 1*D AR, 2019 Elite, bred to Krebs SR DeClaire *B*S, Due June 2-9
- Krebs SR Dezzie, bred to MT Rivendells OLV Oliver Twist, Due June 5
- Krebs SR Brigitta, bred to Krebs QQ Marcus Quinn *B, Due June 10-16
- Krebs SR Gretl, bred to CH Old Mountain Farm QuentinQuinn *B, Due June 11
Krebs Dairy Goats is located in Western Montana's Bitterroot Valley, where we (the Krebs family) breed ADGA/AGS registered Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats. We are ADGA Plus members and participate in official DHIR 305-Day and 1-Day Milk Testing. Our priority is to breed Nigerians that are practical, high-production milkers with excellent conformational and dairy traits that exemplify the true miniature dairy goat.